Thursday 2 July 2015

Fresh Beginnings

Hello and welcome!

This blog is going to stand as a record of my time as Research Fellow at the National Railway Museum, York, which should run 2015-2018.

Here I'll be discussing the wider interplay between transport history and social, cultural, and other forms of history, reflecting on how these impact my own work and on how these play out in wider academic and public history events.

My main research project, whilst here, is a history of South London 1870-1940. This project, which I have no doubt will bore readers to the core in the course of this blogging adventure, uses the railways as a way of understanding the changing landscape of the southern half of the world's biggest (at the time) city.

Other blogs about historical research, being an academic in a museum, and wider issues will undoubtedly follow.

My final plea is that this is an open space - if people have suggestions, research ideas, or just comments please feel free to contribute and comment below!

Oli Betts

No comments:

Post a Comment